Wednesday, April 28, 2010

"The World Always Looks Brighter from Behind a Smile."

This afternoon when I came back to the SOS after lunch, I went to check out what the kids were doing after they ate lunch.
With some cement blocks, cardboard and some rocks they had constructed a little fort (coincidentally in the space where the playground will be built). It was such a nice surprise and showed me how much joy such a simple space can give them. Of course this is not the ideal place for them to play, which they were reminded when they crawled in and one of the kids screamed out when he was pushed onto a rock. As I pushed a piece of broken glass away to take the photo of them, I couldn't help but think about how great this space will be for them when the playground is built.



No comments:

Post a Comment